Well, my blog changes are mostly done now, I think. I’m still getting used to changing blogging platforms.
Lyssa Zwolanek, my Stampin’ Up! upline designed the new blog header for me. What do you think?
Wow, looks like I haven’t posted anything new on this blog since March !!! Good thing you can find me on Pinterest and Facebook if you want to see what I’ve been up to! 🙂 Just click the links at the top of the sidebar on the right, and say hello!
Big Bear has something to say …
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Let’s celebrate love, for all the couples tying the knot today, and for everyone who has special people in their lives!
Do you have pretty paper in your stash?
Use some for a background and to cut out two hearts for this easy card!
- The card base is Stampin’ Up! Tip Top Taupe card stock, 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″.
- Heart layer: 5-1/4″ x 3″ Love Blossoms DSP stack (retired), or any pretty paper.
- Cut the largest Square Shape with your Big Shot and the Stampin’ Up! Stitched Shapes Framelits from Whisper White card stock.
- Add two hearts – these were punched with the retired Full Heart punch from the Love Blossoms DSP stack, but you can use any similar punch or framelit, or cut them freehand.
- Attach a 4-1/4″ piece of the gorgeous Gold Metallic ribbon from the Sale-a-Bration catalog, page 11. You’ll get two rolls, one gold, one silver, 7 yards each, FREE with a $50 Stampin’ Up! order (before tax & shipping).
- Use a 1/2″ wide scrap of Whisper White, about 3″ long and stamp the sentiment from the So In Love stamp set in Rose Red ink, or a color that coordinates with your pretty paper. Then trim it to about 2-1/2″ and adhere it in the bottom right corner with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
This layout and sentiment is a wonderful way to celebrate love for a wedding or anniversary, as well as for Valentine’s Day. Try a different paper or color combo and see what you can create today!
Today I have a beautiful lace design for a Valentine, Wedding or Anniversary card.
The best news is that you can get this stamp set FREE during Stampin’ Up! Sale-a-Bration with a $50 purchase, so that you can create your very own version! Here are a couple of ideas from the Sale-a-Bration catalog
Want the ribbon too? Then spend $100 on craft products (before tax & shipping) and get the ribbon FREE too!
OR, for an even better deal, JOIN MY TEAM, and for $99 you get $125 in Stampin’ Up! products of your choice with free shipping, PLUS 2 stamp sets FREE during Sale-a-Bration (ends March 31, 2017). Contact me for all the details or visit Join the Fun to get started.
Just click the photo below to get to the Stampin’ Up! catalog page where you will find the Sale-a-Bration, Occasions and Annual catalog links. The Delicate Details stamps set is on page 9, and the gorgeous metallic ribbon comes in a pack of silver and gold on page 11 in the Sale-a-Bration catalog.
The Whisper White card base is 4-1/4″ x 11″, with a 4″ x 5-1/4″ layer of Whisper White on top.
Before adhering the white layer, stamp your lace pattern and attach the Silver Metallic ribbon. The Delicate Details stamp set features 5 stunning lace stamps which can be used alone or in endless combinations. Here four of the five stamps were used with a large glass block and stamped twice in Stampin’ Up! Sahara Sand ink to create this pattern with an antique feel. Then the metallic ribbon was attached by wrapping it around the edges of the white layer and using a little Snail adhesive to adhere it on the back of the panel.
The Happy Anniversary sentiment was heat embossed in Stampin’ Up! Early Espresso embossing powder, which is now retired. If you don’t have any, simply stamp a sentiment in your favorite ink color.
Add a couple of Blushing Bride glimmer paper hearts with Stampin’ Dimensionals and your elegant card is done!
Lots of Christmas cards went in the mail this week. Here are a few, and you can see more on Facebook at Carol Gleason! Let me know which ones are your favorites by leaving a comment here or on FB!
Be sure to check what’s on the Year End Sale, going on now through January 3, 2017!
It’s That Time of Year
We awoke to snow on the ground on Saturday morning in Green Bay, and I must say, I’m not really ready for it. On Friday it was in the 60’s, on Saturday – only in the 30’s!
Don’t miss the Stampin’ Up! Online Extravaganza going on this week! There are lots of great deals with up to 40% off!
Thankful for You
With the Thanksgiving holiday this week, there’s no better time than now to think about the people in your life that you’re grateful for, and let them know what they mean to you. This easy card we created in class this month can be sent for Thanksgiving, or really any time of year!
Smaller Rectangle: Whisper White
½” wide scrap, long enough for
sentiment, ~2-3/4”. TIP:
longer scrap, then trim after stamping the sentiment.
Optional: Add a layer of Whisper White card stock, 5-1/4” x 4” on
the inside to have a lighter area to write on.
Bear Hugs This Christmas
Today’s card is one we made at card class last week and features the Stampin’ Up! Presents & Pinecones Designer Series Paper (DSP) and the baby bear from the Fa-La-La-La Friends stamp set. Isn’t he cute in his Christmas pajamas?
Card Base: Mint Macaron card stock, cut to 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ and folded in half
DSP: 2 pieces of Presents & Pinecones paper:
- Cut one piece 3″ x 4″.
- Cut the second piece 2″ x 3″.
- Adhere the pretty designer paper to the card base, with the smaller rectangle in the upper right corner and the larger rectangle in the lower left corner.
- Add the sentiment across the two layers of pretty paper.
- Use Snail or other adhesive to attach the scalloped oval with the attached bear to the larger rectangle.
Grab yourself a treat and congratulate yourself for adding one more card to your Christmas stash!
Merry Candy Cane Lane Houses
Create this simple card with just a few Stampin’ Up! items.
- Adhere the embossed white layer to the top of the card base, leaving a 1/2″ wide un-embossed area at the bottom for the sentiment.
- Center the Candy Cane Lane houses over the embossed layer, closer to the top so there’s space for the ‘Merry’ greeting on the embossed layer.
- Adhere the ‘Merry’ greeting with the Fine Tip Glue pen, or sponge Tombow multi-purpose glue on the back side of the lettering.
- Stamp ‘Christmas’ from the Holly Jolly Greetings stamp set in Early Espresso ink near the right side, in the 1/2″ un-embossed area at the bottom.
Make one, or make a bunch so you’ll have your Christmas cards ready to go out after Thanksgiving!