Yay – Happy Birthday!
We’ve been celebrating lots of birthdays around here lately. So it’s always great to have a few cards ready ahead of time!
While cleaning up my stamp room, I ran across a whole package of Stampin’ Up! shaker frames just begging to be used.
If you don’t have shaker frames, you could also use some regular Stampin’ Dimensionals around the opening. Dimensional edge pieces work well for this.
- Start with an 8-1/2 x 5-1/2″ piece of Watermelon Wonder cardstock, folded in half for the card base.
- Use the Balloon Framelit and the third smallest Circles Collection Framelit to die cut the balloon and inner circle from a piece of coordinating Designer Series Paper (DSP). The circle that was cut out is used as the second balloon, tucked under the banner. This DSP is from the Stacked With Love paper stack.
- Cut a piece of window sheet large enough to cover the punched out circle and adhere it to the back of the DSP. Then attach a Shaker frame or dimensionals to the window sheet, being careful that your frame is large enough that it doesn’t show through the window, but small enough that it doesn’t stick out the sides of the balloon. Leave the covering on the second side of the shaker frame for now.
- Position the punched out circle on the left side, near the top of where your banner will go and adhere it to the card base.
- Attach a piece of gold Baker’s twine to the bottom of the shaker balloon.
- Next, stamp your sentiment (HB from Balloon Bash in this case) in Watermelon Wonder ink on a scrap of Whisper White cardstock and die cut it with a Banner Framelit.
- Pour some sequins or other confetti in a small pile in the center of the space where your shaker balloon will go. Carefully peel off the covering on the second side of the shaker frame and adhere the balloon over the pile of confetti.
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere the banner and Baker’s twine near the bottom of the card, and add a cute clip, if desired.
- When I reached this point, I decided that the top of the card was too plain, so I stamped the ‘Yay’ balloon from Balloon Bash in Versamark and heat-embossed it with white embossing powder.
- As a final touch, I stamped some circles with a stamp from the Perpetual Birthday Calendar set and heat-embossed them in gold, then added some more circles with Versamark.
I’ll have more shaker frames for you later this week, so please come back and visit again.
Happy Birthday to everyone who’s celebrating today!Follow my blog with Bloglovin