What could make someone feel better faster than a rainbow-colored hummingbird on a handmade card in bright spring colors?
Today’s card is another one that we created in a recent card class! If you were lucky enough to get the beautiful Grapefruit Grove & Lovely Lipstick Foil Sheets for free during Stampin’ Up! Sale-a-Bration, you’ll be able to create this card as shown. If not, substitute any foil you have!
Here are all the details:
Supplies for Feel Better card:
- Humming Along (c-148758)*
*Purchase this stamp set with the corresponding Hummingbird Framelits Dies as a BUNDLE (150621) and save 10%
- Granny Apple Green Classic Stampin’ Pad (147095)
- OR Granny Apple Green ink refill (147163)
- Jet Black Stazon Ink (101406)
Paper (including cutting dimensions):
- Whisper White Cardstock [CS] (100730) 2-3/4 x 2″
- So Saffron Cardstock [CS] (105118) 8-1/2 x 5-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″
- Granny Apple Green Cardstock [CS] (146990) 3-1/2 x 4-3/4″
- Watercolor Paper (122959) 3 x 4-1/4″
- Grapefruit Grove Foil Sheet (149712) 2-1/4 x 3-1/4″
- Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine [Big Shot] (143263)
- Hummingbird Framelits Dies (148538)*
- Layered Leaves 3D Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder [TIEF](143704)
- Pretty Label Punch (143715)
- Aqua Painters (103954)
- Stampin’ Dimensionals (104330)
- SNAIL Adhesive [SNAIL] (104332)
- Fold the So Saffron CS in half to create a card base.
- Emboss the Granny Apple Green CS with the Layered Leaves TIEF. Then adhere this layer in the center of the card front with SNAIL.
- Using Granny Apple Green ink and an Aqua Painter, create a wash on the watercolor paper and let it dry.
- Stamp the Hummingbird image from Humming Along on the Grapefruit Grove foil with Black Stazon ink, being careful not to smudge it while it dries.
- Once the Stazon is dry, cut the hummingbird out with the Hummingbird framelit and the Big Shot.
- Die cut the watercolor paper with the trellis die cut and add this layer in the center of the Granny Apple Green piece with SNAIL.
- Stamp the sentiment ‘Hope you feel better really soon’ in Jet Black Stazon ink on the Whisper White CS. Then punch it out with the Pretty Label punch.
- Using Stampin’ Dimensionals, add the hummingbird and sentiment to the card front as shown to complete your card.
Now, brighten someone’s day by mailing your masterpiece to them!
Now that you’ve completed your card, try different color combinations and send happy mail to someone who is feeling under the weather! Then, if you need any supplies, visit my online store. I’d love to be your crafty coach! Click here to see all the Saleabration items that are still available when you spend $50 (US) If you’d like more stamping news and inspiration, sign up for email updates.