This week there’s another color challenge at the Pals Paper Arts – PPA211! Here is the pretty color combo for the challenge and my card :
The inspiration for my creation was this beautiful card by Lynn on Pinterest. I liked the central butterfly image and the colored square layered on an embossed piece of whisper white card stock, so I started with those, but chose to incorporate more Daffodil Delight in my design. I love bright yellow, whether it’s in my garden, on a card, or on my kitchen walls!
The butterfly was stamped in Night of Navy on a 2-1/2 inch square of whisper white cardstock. After stamping, the image was colored with Daffodil Delight and an aqua painter. A Daffodil Delight marker was used to emphasize the patterrn on the butterfly. Then the edges of the square were sponged in Night of Navy to help them stand out from the white embossed layer.
The Make a Wish stamp from the Perfect Pennants set was also stamped in Night of Navy, then mounted on a square of Night of Navy.
To balance out all the Navy, a yellow ribbon was added and the ‘A’ in Make a Wish was stamped in Daffodil Delight and punched out with the 1/2″ circle punch, then popped up with a Dimensional.
After it was all assembled, it needed a bit of bling to put it in party mode, so a row of rhinestones was added to the top of the sentiment. (Every birthday needs a little bling, right??)
Hope you enjoy my creation and that you have time to play today! Happy Stamping!
- Papillon Potpourri Clear-Mount Stamp Set 
- Perfect Pennants [english, clear] 
- Daffodil Delight Classic Stampin’ Pad 
- Daffodil Delight Stampin Write Marker 
- Night Of Navy Classic Stampin’ Pad 
- Daffodil Delight 8-1/2X11 Card Stock 
- Designer Series Paper Patterns Stack – Regals Collection(retired) 
- Night Of Navy 8-1/2X11 Card Stock 
- Whisper White 8-1/2X11 Card Stock 
- Aqua Painter
- 1/2 Inch Circle Punch 
- Daffodil Delight 1/4″ Grosgrain Ribbon”(retired) 
- Basic Rhinestones Jewel Accents 
- Chevron Textured Impressions Embossing Folder 
Carol – Same comment as Diane – the sponging on these corners is brilliant! Thanks for playing along with the PPA challenge this week.
The sponging on the corners of the butterfly panel just makes that card POP! Thanks for joining us at Pals Paper Arts this week.