In the past few days I’ve shown a couple of cards with one sheet of paper from the Best Year Ever package, available as a FREE ITEM when your Stampin’ Up! order reaches $50 (before tax & shipping).
Today I’m excited to show you the reverse side of this paper used to create two easy cards. Here’s the first one:
- Cut an 8-1/2″ x 11″ sheet of Coastal Cabana card stock into two 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ card bases. We’ll use one for this card, and one for the card below.
- Cut a 3″ x 4″ piece of Best Year Ever Designer Series Paper and adhere to the card base near the center.
- Next punch a scalloped circle from Crushed Curry card stock using the 2-3/8″ scallop circle punch.
- Stamp the ‘You light up my life” sentiment from the One Tag Fits All stamp set in Crumb Cake ink on Whisper White card stock and punch it out with the 2″ circle punch.
- Attach the circle you just punched to the Crushed Curry scalloped circle, then use Stampin’ Dimensionals to attach the scalloped circle to your card to give it a little height.
- If desired, add Dazzling Details to the lights to make them sparkle and shine!!
Here’s another quick and easy card using the same paper:
- Use the other Coastal Cabana card base that you cut in the first step above.
- Cut a piece of Best Year Ever Designer Series Paper (DSP) to 3-3/4″ x 5″. Then turn this piece and cut it in half diagonally. You’ll only need one of the two pieces for this card. Adhere it to your card base, leaving the diagonal edge unattached for now.
- Stamp 5 pennants with the Playful Pennants stamp set in Bermuda Bay ink on Whisper White card stock and punch them out with the Petite Pennants Builder punch.
- Space the pennants evenly across the diagonal edge of the DSP, sliding them just slightly under the edge of the paper. Then adhere the DSP across the diagonal with your bone folder.
- Punch 5 stars from Silver Glimmer Paper using the star punch from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack and adhere them to the pennants with Mini Glue Dots.
- For your sentiment, stamp the Happy Birthday sentiment, also from the Playful Pennants stamp set, in Bermuda Bay ink on Whisper White card stock.
- Punch out the sentiment with the Extra Large Oval punch, then sponge the edges with Bermuda Bay ink, and attach the oval to the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals .