Last night I went down to my craft room because I was inspired by this card on Pinterest and wanted to CASE it. So I pulled out the Adventure Bound paper stack, looking for the rock paper. I had an idea about using the rocks along the bottom of the paper like rocks by the sea, but after I cut the paper, the card just wasn’t coming together. SOOOO, I ….
- Chose a different paper from the paper stack
- Cut it to 5-1/4″ x 4″
- Cut a piece of Natural Ivory card stock to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ for the card base
- Adhered the paper to the Natural Ivory base.
- Saw the Sophisticated Serifs stamp set on my desk, and exclaimed “Ooh, a door!”, and stamped it in Classic Black ink on Natural Ivory, then cut it out with my paper trimmer.
- Added a doorknob (black candy dot).
- Saw the From the Garden stamp set and thought “That would make a pretty window”, so I stamped it on the door in Classic Black ink.
- Picked up the You & Me stamp from Perfect Pennants, inked it in Versamark and heat embossed it in Calypso Coral ink on the brick wall, kinda like graffiti.
And here’s the result of the stamping, snipping and gluing:
Looks just like the card I cased, right?
Does that ever happen to you? You have an idea about something you’re going to make, and during the process it morfs into something completely different?
Leave me a comment and tell me about the last project you made that didn’t end up anything like you first envisioned it.