Balloons and streamers help set a party mood, right?
The bright colors of the Stampin’ Up! Cherry on Top paper stack, and the Fringe Scissors create a quick and cheery birthday greeting!
To create this card:
- Start with an 8-1/2″ x 5″ piece of Thick White Cardstock, folded in half.
- Cut a piece of Cucumber Crush cardstock to 2″ x 4-1/4″ and use your fringe scissors to quickly make a fringed edge, leaving enough solid card stock to adhere it to the card about 2-1/2″ from the bottom edge.
- Next cut a piece of Bermuda Bay cardstock to 1-1/2″ x 4-1/4″, cut the fringe, and adhere it just above the Cucumber Crush fringe.
- Cut a 1″ x 4-1/4″ piece of your favorite Cherry on Top Designer Series Paper and place it above the Bermuda Bay fringe.
- For the banner, stamp a greeting in Watermelon Wonder on a piece of Whisper White cardstock. This sample uses the Stampin’ Up! May 2015 Birthday Bundle set from Paper Pumpkin.
- Use a Banner Framelit and your Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine to die cut the greeting, then sponge the edges of the banner with Watermelon Wonder ink and attach it with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Die cut a little balloon banner from the Cherry on top DSP with the Balloon Framelits, and cut a Watermelon Wonder balloon as well. For this card, both the balloon in the framelit set and the Watermelon Wonder balloon in the Paper Pumpkin kit were a little too large, so I used the bag from the Birthday Bundle Paper Pumpkin as a stencil to trace a balloon, then cut it out with paper snips.
- Add the banner to the balloon, tie a piece of thick white baker’s twine or white yarn to the balloon, then attach the balloon to the card with dimensionals.
- Use a Mini Glue Dot to attach the other end of the baker’s twine behind the fringe.
Let the party begin!