Baby Boy Congratulations!
Today’s card is a slight variation of the Baby Girl Shaker card I showed you yesterday. It omits one layer of cardstock, and the ribbon is near the top of the card, instead of at the bottom.
It’s easy to make lots of variations using the same basic design, with different colors, papers, inks, and punches or dies.
To create this card:
- Start with an 8-1/2 x 5-1/2″ piece of Crushed Curry cardstock, folded in half.
- If using ribbon, adhere it to the card base about 2″ from the top of the card. Here I used a piece of Pool Party ribbon.
- Add a 3-1/2″x 3-1/2″ piece of patterned paper on top of the ribbon. This sample shows Stampin’ Up! Lullaby Designer Series Paper (DSP), which is now retired.
- Cut a 3″ x 3″ piece of Whisper White cardstock, but don’t adhere it yet.
- Stamp the onesie and booties in Coastal Cabana(retired) or other coordinating ink, with the Something for Baby stamp set, and die cut them using Baby’s First Framelits, or fussy cut them. Here I layered the duck die and onesie die on top of the DSP and cut them together.
- Adhere the onesie and booties to the white cardstock.
- Add a scrap of window sheet to the back of the onesie.
- Add a shaker frame or dimensionals to the window sheet to frame the duck opening.
- Add a small pile of sequins or confetti in the center of the DSP layer, in the area beneath the onesie duck opening. **The Metallics Sequin assortment is on sale this week!
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere the corners of the white cardstock to your card. **If you’re using a shaker frame, you’ll need to stack two dimensionals together for the corners to be the same height as the frame.
- Stamp the congratulations greeting from Made with Love in Soft Suede ink on a small scrap of Whisper White cardstock and punch it out with the Washi Label punch.
- Punch out another scrap of Soft Suede cardstock with the Washi label punch and adhere the two Washi label pieces together. Then adhere them to the card base.
See how easy it is to switch up your colors and make slight changes to the design to make each card unique!