It’s Time to Deck the Halls
This card layout is a great way to use up your tiny pieces of pretty paper. The 1″ square punch is on the clearance rack right now for just $9.60! The Merry Mice stamp set is also on sale – see details at the end of the post.
- Cut a Cherry Cobbler card base
5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and fold in half.
- Cut a Very Vanilla layer, 4-1/2” x
- Cut a Garden Green layer, 4-1/4” x
3” and set aside. (These 3 colors of card stock are also available in the This Christmas combination package, which includes 8 sheets of each color.)
- Use the 1” punch or a paper cutter
to cut 6 – 1” x 1” squares of This Christmas Designer Series Paper.
- Glue the 6 squares evenly spaced
onto the Garden Green layer. HINT: attach the two end squares, leaving a ¼”
margin at top & sides, then center 1 square between them in the top row.
Then do the bottom row so the squares are ¼” from the bottom of the Green layer
and lined up with the top row.
- Run the Garden Green layer and
squares through the Big Shot with the Lovely Lace embossing folder.
- Now attach the embossed Garden Green
layer to the Very Vanilla layer.
- Add the Very Vanilla piece to the
Cherry Cobbler layer.
- Stamp the banner from the Number of Years stamp set in Cherry Cobbler Ink.
- Stamp the sentiment, It’s Time to Deck the Halls, from the Merry Mice stamp set in Garden Green ink on the banner.
- Cut the banner out, using the Big Shot and the Large Numbers framelits.
- As an alternative, stamp the Merry
& Bright or Christmas Joy stamp from the Stitched with Cheer stamp set in
Cherry Cobbler ink on a piece of Very Vanilla card stock and cut the banner out with the Big Shot and Bunch of Banners framelits.
- Attach the banner to the center of
your card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add 3 random rhinestones wherever they look best on your small squares.
NOTE: the 1” square punch used to punch the square for this card is currently on the Stampin’ Up! Clearance Rack, while supplies last. The original price is $16, on clearance for $9.60. It’s a great tool for cutting small squares to use up your small scraps, as these small pieces are difficult to cut with the trimmer.The Merry Mice stamp set is on sale as part of the Stitched from the Heart promotion. You can see the new Stitched Shapes framelits dies and the stamp sets that are on sale only in November here.