With the cooler weather arriving here, and school back in session, it’s time to embrace all the things we love about the Fall season! Today’s card is for all my coffee-lovin’ friends who enjoy a great cup of Pumpkin Spice Latte!
To create this card:
- Cut a card base (8-1/2″x 5-1/2″, folded in half) in Stampin’ Up! Crushed Curry cardstock – such a bright, happy color that pairs well with Early Espresso, Soft Suede and many shades of green.
- Choose 3 or 4 pretty papers with coordinating fall colors and cut them to the following dimensions:
- I chose 2 patterns from the Stampin’ Up! Color Theory Memories & More card pack (3-7/8″ x 2-7/8″)
- 1 pattern from the Coffee Break Designer Series Paper pack (cut to 3-7/8″ x 2-7/8″ to match the size of the card from the card pack)
- 1 pattern from the coordinating Color Theory Designer Series Paper Stack (small scrap for the lid). Stamp this with the coffee cup lid image in the Merry Cafe stamp set in Soft Suede ink and die cut it using the Coffee Cups framelits and the Big Shot. See close-ups of the Color Theory Designer Series paper and other papers in this video.
- NOTE: the 1-1/8″ x 2-7/8″ strip behind the coffee cup is cut from the same paper as the coffee cup, but uses the reverse side of the paper. Cut and adhere this to one of the patterned papers.
- Stamp the Hello Fall sentiment from the Merry Cafe stamp set in Soft Suede ink on a small scrap of Whisper White cardstock. Use the bottom of the Coffee Cup framelit to trim the sentiment, then cut the top of the sentiment straight across and adhere it to the coffee cup near the bottom.
- Before adhering the Designer Series Papers to the card base, stamp some leaves from the Merry Cafe stamp set in Soft Suede ink on the card base.
- Adhere the Designer Series Paper on the card base, overlapping the stamped images.
- Add the coffee cup and lid with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Using Mini Glue Dots, add a few gold sequins for a little bling, and your brew is ready!