This year I was beginning to wonder if Fall had been hijacked! The temperatures were in the 90’s near the end of September, and the leaves were all still green. But in the last week, the weather has returned to more normal fall temps, the leaves have changed color, and many of them are now on the ground. What a difference a week makes!
Some of the leaves I colored recently have made their way onto today’s card, along with the ‘Crisp and Cool’ sentiment that just didn’t fit Wisconsin temps a week ago.
To Create This Crisp and Cool Card:
- Start with a card base in Peekaboo Peach, 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, folded in half.
- Cut a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock to 5-1/4″ x 4″.
- Using the Woodland embossing folder, ink the inside of the folder with Crumb Cake ink and emboss the Crumb Cake cardstock. This will create a beautiful background for your fall leaves, so you may want to emboss several pieces.
- If you have not already colored some leaves for this card, get your fall ink colors out now and stamp a couple of small leaves with the Stampin’ Up! Colorful Seasons stamp set. Use sponge daubers to add layers of color to the leaves. see yesterday’s post for examples. Once you get started, you may find yourself having so much fun that you end up with LOTS of leaves! Then cut them out with your Big Shot and the Seasonal Layers thinlits. (HINT: You can save 10% by purchasing the Colorful Seasons bundle, so you’ll have both the stamp set and framelits for this project!)
- Punch the sentiment from the Stampin’ Up! Color Theory Memories & More card with a 2″ circle punch. If desired, ink the edges of the sentiment before attaching it to your card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- On the inside: stamp the sentiment ‘Just Breathe’ from Colorful Seasons in Peekaboo Peach ink.
You can create many wonderful fall cards using the embossed backgrounds and colored leaves. Just change the layout and the sentiment for a whole new look! Each card will be unique.