Sending Comforting Hugs and Healing Prayers
When you need a sympathy card, emotions often make it difficult to create one. If you make a couple of these lovely floral cards now, you’ll have them on-hand when you need one. The Kindness & Compassion stamp set by Stampin’ Up! is perfect for sending comforting hugs and healing prayers. It also has great sentiments for thanking those who have comforted you during a personal loss.
Here are all the supplies and instructions to create this card.
All supplies listed are available at http://bit.ly – just click the item number to order the item in my shop.
Kindness & Compassion (c-146729)
Love What You Do (p-148042) optional – for decorating inside of card
Tranquil Tide Classic Stampin’ Pad (147146)
Paper (including cutting dimensions):
Mint Macaron Cardstock [CS] (138337) 5-1/2 x 8-1/2”
Whisper White Cardstock [CS] (100730) 3 x 5”
Share What You Love Designer Series Paper [DSP] (146926) 3 x 4”
Lovely Floral 3D Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder [TIEF] (148048)
3/8” Shimmer Ribbon, Pear Pizzazz (144153), cut ~6”
Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (143263)
SNAIL Adhesive (104332)
Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
- Fold the Mint Macaron CS to create your card base, then open it and emboss the card front with the Lovely Floral TIEF, near the fold.
- Stamp the sentiment in Tranquil Tide ink at the bottom of the Whisper White layer.
3. Adhere the Share What You Love DSP to the top of the Whisper White piece, adjusting the length, if needed, so that the sentiment isn’t obscured.
- Tie a knot in the center of the Pear Pizzazz ribbon, adjusting the knot so it’s fairly flat. Adhere the ends of the ribbon to the back side of the Whisper White layer with SNAIL.
- Layer the Whisper White piece even with the top of the card and about ¼” from the right side of the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Decorate the inside with stamps from the Love What You Do set in Tranquil Tide ink, if desired.
If you purchase the Share What You Love DSP, there are many more pretty floral sheets of paper in the package. You can use the same design, just adjust your paper, ink, and ribbon colors to coordinate with the sheet you choose.
Inspiration: Healing Hugs card, Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog, page 105.