When you’re looking for great card ideas, don’t forget to look at the Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog, where you’ll find samples like the Thankful For You card on page 140. Download the latest catalogs here.
Change up the color scheme, add or remove stamps, and make it your own!
For example, on this card, we changed the colors to Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze and Mango Melody for a fall color scheme, and used the Subtle embossing folder instead of the Pinewood Planks.
This card works for Thanksgiving, but could also work any time of the year that you want someone to know that you’re grateful for them.
If you want to create this Thankful For You card, here’s what you’ll need:
Thankful for You Card Supplies
Sheltering Tree (p-137163)
Soft Suede Classic Stampin’ Pad (147115)
Paper (including cutting dimensions):
Sahara Sand Cardstock [CS] (121043) 8-1/2 x 5-1/2”, 2-3/4” x 5/8”
Whisper White Cardstock [CS] (100730) 4 x 5-1/4”
Pumpkin Pie Cardstock [CS] (105117) 2 x 2”
Cajun Craze Cardstock [CS] (119684) 1-3/4 x 1-3/4”
Mango Melody Cardstock [CS] (146989) 1-1/2 x 1-1/2”
Subtle 3D Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder [TIEF] (143706)
Layering Circles Framelits Dies (141705):
1-7/8” for Pumpkin Pie, 1-5/8” for Cajun Craze, 1-3/8” for Mango Melody
SNAIL Adhesive (104332)
Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
Soft Suede Stampin’ Write Marker – Neutrals collection (147158) – optional
1. Fold the Sahara Sand CS in half to create a card base.
2. Stamp the tree from the Sheltering Tree stamp set, approximately 1-3/4” from both the right and left side on the Whisper White CS. **
3. Then stamp the tree once more about ½” to the right of the left tree. **Alternatively, emboss the Whisper White piece before stamping the trees for a tree bark effect.
4. Emboss the Whisper White CS with the Subtle TIEF.**
5. Stamp the Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze & Mango Melody circles with the tree stamp, positioning so that the tree trunk portion of the stamp is off the bottom of the circle.
6. Line up and adhere the Pumpkin Pie and Cajun Craze circles to the tree with SNAIL so the branches on the circles line up with the stamped branch images.
7. Line up and adhere the Mango Melody circle to the tree with Stampin’ Dimensionals, so the major branches on the circle line up with the stamped branch images.
8. Stamp the sentiment on the Sahara Sand CS. Trim the greeting into 2 pieces: ‘thankful’ and ‘for you’, adhere the pieces to the card front with SNAIL as shown.
Note: This card is great anytime of year – just change the colors to suit the season! Decorate the background with elements like sequins or enamel shapes.
In class, we made several variations of this Thankful For You card by changing the greeting placement and words. Most importantly, give it a try and show us what you made by sharing your card on Facebook!
Inspiration: Thankful card, 2018-19 AC p140