When you need a quick and simple wedding card for the bride and groom, the Botanical Butterfly Designer Series Paper (DSP) can come to the rescue. This beautiful paper has floral designs, as well as butterflies, and this pretty piece in Highland Heather coordinates well with the Gorgeous Grape card stock from the annual Stampin’ Up! catalog. You can also view all the current catalogs on the catalog page.
Did you know that you can choose this paper as a free Sale-a-Bration reward when you place a $50 (US) order in my online store before March 31st (while supply lasts)? Some items in the Sale-a-Bration catalog may already be sold out!!!
Once you’ve created the basic layers, add a sentiment from the Well Said stamp set. If you want to step it up a little, die cut the sentiment with the Rectangular Stitched Framelits dies. Then add some glimmer paper, and a couple butterflies die cut with the Sunshine Wishes Thinlits dies.
Well Said (c-148796)
Gorgeous Grape Classic Stampin’ Pad (147099)
Paper (including cutting dimensions):
- Thick Whisper White Cardstock [CS] (140272) 8-1/2 x 5-1/2″
- Gorgeous Grape Cardstock [CS] (146987) 4 x 5-1/4″ + scrap for butterfly
- Botanical Butterfly Designer Series Paper [DSP] (149622) 3-1/2 x 4-3/4″
- Sparkle Glimmer Paper (146957) 1-1/4 x 2-1/4″
- Whisper White Cardstock [CS] (100730) 1-1/4 x 2-1/4″, die cut smaller with Rectangular Stitched framelit after stamping; if not using a framelit, cut to 1 x 2″.
- Vellum scrap for butterfly (101856)
- Metallic Pearls (146282) , optional
- Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine [Big Shot] (143263), optional
- Rectangular Stitched Framelits Dies (148551), optional
- Sunshine Wishes Thinlits Dies (141489), optional
- SNAIL adhesive (104332)
- Mini Glue Dots (103683), optional
- Tear & Tape adhesive (138995), optional
- Fold the Thick Whisper White CS in half to create a card base.
- Next, adhere the Gorgeous Grape layer in the center of the card front.
- The Botanical Butterfly DSP should be centered on the Gorgeous Grape layer.
- Stamp the sentiment in Gorgeous Grape ink on the Whisper White piece. Die cut with the Rectangular Stitched framelit die, if desired.
- Attach the Whisper White layer to the Sparkle Glimmer paper. Note: using glue dots or Tear & Tape adhesive usually works better than SNAIL adhesive on glimmer paper.
- Embellish with 2 butterflies, die cut with the Sunshine Wishes die, from the Gorgeous Grape and vellum scraps.
- If you are using butterflies, add three metallic pearls to finish off the card.
- For the inside, stamp a sentiment, such as ‘May the rest of your lives be the best of your lives’, in Gorgeous Grape ink.
Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you were inspired. If so, leave me a comment. Or if you’re ready to shop, head to my online store!