When you celebrate your day, what could be more sweet and delicious than this cupcake made for you with the Hello Cupcake stamp set?
I must admit, I’ve had cupcakes on my mind ever since last weekend when we celebrated my granddaughter’s 5th birthday! She had an awesome tea party with her friends while the grown-ups enjoyed their own special treats!
Do you need a special card for someone sweet? Young or old, cupcakes are perfect for the celebration!
Supplies for the Hello Cupcake card:
- Hello Cupcake (p-149714)*
*Free with $50 (USD) Stampin’ Up! order during Sale-a-Bration, while supply lasts. Sale-a-Bration ends March 31st, so if this set is on your wish list, hurry and place your order at http://bit.ly/ShopWithCarol
- So Saffron Cardstock [CS] 8-1/2 x 5-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″
- Whisper White [CS] 1-1/2 x 2-1/2″, or size to fit your sentiment
- Share What You Love Designer Series Paper [DSP] (146926) 3-1/4 X 4-1/2″; cut curve with paper snips
- Grapefruit Grove Classic Stampin’ Pad (147142)
- Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine [Big Shot] (143263)
- Stitched Shapes Dies (145372)
- Stampin’ Dimensionals (104330)
- SNAIL Adhesive [SNAIL] (104332)
- Fold the Early Espresso CS in half to create a card base.
- Emboss the Soft Sea Foam CS with the Ruffled TIEF. Then adhere this layer in the center of the card front with SNAIL.
- Punch the top two corners of the Petal Pink CS with the Detailed Trio Punch, then stamp the heart from Hello Cupcake near the top with Early Espresso ink, as shown. Attach the Petal Pink square near the bottom right corner of the Soft Sea Foam layer with SNAIL.
- Stamp your sentiment at the top, between the ruffles, with Early Espresso ink.
- To create your cupcake, first stamp the cupcake wrapper in Crumb Cake ink on So Saffron CS. Add small flowers in Early Espresso ink, if desired. Next stamp the cake layer in Early Espresso ink and the frosting in Crumb cake ink on the Very Vanilla CS. Cut each of these three pieces out with the paper snips.
- For me, it was easiest to assemble the cupcake by using a small strip of SNAIL behind the top of the cupcake wrapper, then adding the cake layer. Next I added SNAIL behind the bottom of the cupcake frosting and attached this piece to the cake layer. Because I wanted to pop the cupcake layer up, I put Stampin’ Dimensionals behind the entire cupcake and attached it on top of the Petal Pink layer.
- To complete the inside of the card, punch all four corners of the second Soft Sea Foam piece. Stamp Sweet Wishes at the top and small flowers between the punches at the bottom.
What a Sweet Chocolate Cupcake Birthday Card! If you need any supplies to make yours, visit my online store. I’d love to be your crafty coach! If you’d like more stamping news and inspiration, sign up for email updates.