I’m lucky to have a friend like you! Originally, this card was designed as a friendship card for a card class last fall. With the addition of a couple of shamrocks from the Stampin’ Up! Amazing Life stamp set (see it here), it’s perfect for St. Patrick’s Day as well! Send one to each of your special friends!
The greeting on this card was heat-embossed to make it really stand out, but you can stamp it in black ink as well. Either way, it will be beautiful! Here’s how to create your own card:
- Love What You Do (p-148042)
- Amazing Life (p-148750)
- Grapefruit Grove Classic Stampin’ Pad (147142)
- So Saffron Cardstock [CS] 8-1/2 x 5-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″
- Whisper White [CS] 1-1/2 x 2-1/2″, or size to fit your sentiment
- Share What You Love Designer Series Paper [DSP] (146926) 3-1/4 X 4-1/2″; cut curve with paper snips
- Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine [Big Shot] (143263)
- Stitched Shapes Dies (145372)
- Stampin’ Dimensionals (104330)
- SNAIL Adhesive [SNAIL] (104332)
- Fold the Melon Mambo CS in half for the card base.
- Adhere the 3 x 5″ Garden Impressions DSP about 1/4″ from the left side of the card base.
- Using the Big Shot and Layering Circles framelits, cut a scalloped circle from the 3-1/2″ Garden Impressions DSP.
- Die cut a slightly smaller circle from the 3 x 3″ Whisper White CS. Next, stamp the background stamp from Love What You Do on the circle in Soft Sea Foam ink. Finally, stamp two shamrocks from Amazing Life near the bottom of the circle in Shaded Spruce ink.
- Rub the embossing folder over the Whisper White circle.
- Then stamp the sentiment in Versamark ink above the shamrocks on the circle.
- Sprinkle black embossing powder over the Versamark and remove the excess by gently tapping.
- Heat the embossing powder with the heat tool until the powder melts.
- Adhere the white circle to the blue circle with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Using SNAIL, attach the blue circle to the card base, as shown.
- Last of all, embellish the center of the shamrock with a gold Metallic Pearl for good luck!
Now that you’ve completed your card, try different color combinations with the Garden Impressions paper to send happy mail to all your friends! Then, if you need any supplies, visit my online store. I’d love to be your crafty coach! If you’d like more stamping news and inspiration, sign up for email updates.