Let the beautiful flowers in the Lovely Lattice stamp set be the center of attention on this sympathy thoughts card! Stamping them in Versamark ink and heat embossing them with white embossing powder is a simple way to allow them to shine. Then, add a little color just on the center of the flowers for a little pop!
For this sympathy card, I chose Petal Pink as a soft background, with a Garden Green embossed layer for a bit of contrast. Since I didn’t color the leaves on the stamped Lovely Lattice image, the Layered Leaves embossing folder subtly creates the foliage backdrop. To tie the layers together, I added the beautiful sparkly Petal Pink ribbon behind the sentiment from the Lasting Lily stamp set. Using the Layering Ovals scalloped framelits to die cut the top of the Crumb Cake focal piece, as well as the sentiment, also helps to unify the design.
Supplies for the Lovely Lattice card
- Lovely Lattice (c-149730)*
- Lasting Lily (p-149717)**
*Free with $50 purchase during Stampin’ Up! Sale-a-Bration. **Free with $100 purchase during Sale-a-Bration. Spend $150 and get them both, in addition to Stampin’ Rewards!!
- Grapefruit Grove Classic Stampin’ Pad (147142)
Paper (including cutting dimensions):
- So Saffron Cardstock [CS] 8-1/2 x 5-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″
- Whisper White [CS] 1-1/2 x 2-1/2″, or size to fit your sentiment
- Share What You Love Designer Series Paper [DSP] (146926) 3-1/4 X 4-1/2″; cut curve with paper snips
- Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine [Big Shot] (143263)
- Stitched Shapes Dies (145372)
- Stampin’ Dimensionals (104330)
- SNAIL Adhesive [SNAIL] (104332)
Get Free Supplies:
Purchase the items you don’t already own to create this card, then get both of the stamp sets free with an order of $150 in my Stampin’ Up! store. Sale-a-Bration ends March 31, 2019 and stamp sets are available WHILE SUPPLY LASTS, so hurry! Plus, you’ll have Stampin’ Rewards to use on even more free crafty stuff!
For an even better deal, join Stampin’ Up! during Sale-a-Bration and get $175 of fabulous products for just $99, with free shipping! See details here. We’d love to have you on our team!
Lovely Lattice Card Instructions:
- Fold the Petal Pink CS in half to create a card base.
- Emboss the Garden Green CS with the Layered Leaves TIEF. Then adhere this layer in the center of the card front with SNAIL.
- Rub the Embossing Buddy over the Crumb Cake CS to prevent extra powder from sticking to it.
- Stamp the Lovely Lattice image with Versamark ink on the Crumb Cake CS, near the top, with enough room to die cut the edge.
- Sprinkle white embossing powder over the Versamark. Tap off any excess powder, then heat the image with the heat tool until the powder melts and turns shiny.
- Once the image is embossed, die cut just the top edge of Crumb Cake CS by leaving the bottom edge of the layer on top of the die when cutting. This technique is called partial die cutting.
- Color the center of the flowers with the Daffodil Delight marker.
- Wrap the Petal Pink ribbon around the bottom of the Crumb Cake layer and adhere it to the back with SNAIL.
- Place Stampin’ Dimensionals on the back of the Crumb Cake layer. To let the leaves show more prominently, attach this layer near the top of the Garden Green layer.
- Stamp the sentiment from Lasting Lily in Crumb Cake ink on the Whisper White CS. Then die cut it with a small scalloped oval framelit and layer it on top of the ribbon with SNAIL
- For the inside, stamp the sentiment from Lasting Lily in Crumb Cake ink at the top. Next stamp the design from Lovely Lattice in the center of the bottom with Crumb Cake ink. Finally, stamp the flower from Lovely Lattice to the right and left of the design in Crumb Cake ink to complete your card!
Now that your card is finished, try different color combinations and stamps to create unique cards for all your upcoming celebrations. The Lovely Lattice stamp set is perfect for birthdays and weddings! If you need any supplies, visit my online store. I’d love to be your crafty coach! If you’d like more stamping news and inspiration, sign up for email updates.