Who inspires you? Is it an artist, a decorator, or a writer? Those who inspire us need to hear from us! Whether you like their creations on Facebook and Instagram, pin their pins on Pinterest or follow their blog, they love to get your feedback! How about letting them know you appreciate them by sending a card? The card I’m sharing today will go in the mail to one of the many people who inspire me!
How long have you been crafting? For me, it’s as long as I can remember! So, crafting forever is part of my story. From knitting and crocheting to embroidering, sewing, painting, woodworking, scrapbooking and stamping, most of my hobbies have been crafty. Both the Crafting Forever and Part of My Story stamp sets have great images for crafters. Take a look!
Supplies for Those Who Inspire Us Card:
- Crafting Forever (c-143958)
- Incredible Like You (p-148708)
- Part of My Story (c-149719)*
- Swirly Bird (141749)
*Free stamp set during Stampin’ Up! Sale-a-Bration with a $50 (US) purchase. Sale-a-Bration ends March 31, 2019 and stamp set is available while supply lasts.
- Crumb Cake Classic Stampin’ Pad (147116)
- Mango Melody Classic Stampin’ Pad (147093)
- Stazon Ink, Jet Black Pad (101406)
- Light Calypso Coral (147907)
- Dark Calypso Coral (147908)
- Light Shaded Spruce (147936)
- Light Real Red (147933)
- Light Daffodil Delight (144586)
- Dark Mango Melody (147944)
- Light Mango Melody (147943)
- Light Pumpkin Pie (144578)
- Light Basic Black (147940)
- Ivory (144606)
Paper (including Cutting Dimensions):
- So Saffron Cardstock [CS] 8-1/2 x 5-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″
- Whisper White [CS] 1-1/2 x 2-1/2″, or size to fit your sentiment
- Share What You Love Designer Series Paper [DSP] (146926) 3-1/4 X 4-1/2″; cut curve with paper snips
- Pretty Label Punch (143715)
- Paper Snips (103579)
- Stampin’ Dimensionals (104330)
- SNAIL Adhesive [SNAIL] (104332)
Card Base and Layers
- To begin, fold the Mint Macaron CS in half to create a card base.
- Then use SNAIL to adhere the Basic Black layer in the center of the card front.
- Attach the Share What You Love DSP to the Basic Black layer with SNAIL.
- On the Foil sheet, stamp the flowerpot from Crafting Forever in Black Stazon, then cut it out from the Foil sheet with paper snips. As an alternative, skip this step and color the flower pot with markers in step 7.
- Stamp the lines from Incredible Like You in Crumb Cake ink near the bottom of the larger Shimmery White CS.
- Continue by stamping the splotches from Swirly Bird with Mango Melody ink, around the outside of the top on the Shimmery White CS, as shown.
- Stamp the paintbrush and flower pot image in Black Stazon above the lines from step 5, in the center. If using the foil, put SNAIL on the back of the flowerpot and add it to the stamped flower pot piece. Once the Stazon ink is dry, color the paint brushes (and flowerpot if not using foil) with Stampin’ Blends.
Assembly and Finishing
- Fasten the colored Shimmery White layer in the center of the card front layers with SNAIL.
- Stamp the sentiment from Part of My Story on the small Shimmery White CS in Crumb Cake ink; punch it out with the Pretty Label punch, then adhere it to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals, positioning it as shown.
- Lastly, decorate the inside of the card, if desired.
Once your card is complete, think of all the people who inspire you, and choose someone to send your card to! If you need any supplies, visit my online store. I’d love to be your crafty coach! If you’d like more stamping news and inspiration, sign up for email updates.