The 2019-2020 Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog is filled with card samples featuring Vellum. Because I haven’t used any vellum on my cards since the Good Luck card, I decided today would be the day that Vellum is the star!
Supplies for the Vellum It’s a Beautiful Day card:
- Love What You Do stamp set
- Layered Leaves Embossing Folder
- Light Blue Card Stock, 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″
- Balmy Blue Card Stock, 3-1/4″ x 4-1/2″
- Whisper White Card Stock scraps
- Vellum, 2-3/4″ x 4″
- Embossing Buddy
- Versamark Ink
- Heat Tool
- Clear Stampin’ Emboss Powder
- Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder
- Lovely Lipstick Ink & Blends (light and dark) markers (optional)
- Paper Snips
- Balmy Blue Ink
- Metallic Pearls – Gold
- SNAIL adhesive
- Multi-purpose liquid glue
- Mini Glue Dots
Begin by scoring the light blue Card Stock on the long edge at 4-1/4″, then fold it to create the card base.
In order to add texture, emboss the Balmy Blue layer with the Layered Leaves Embossing folder. Attach it to the card base on a slight angle with SNAIL or other adhesive.
To create the vellum layer, stamp off the Balmy Blue ink on scrap paper using the largest watercolor image from Love What You Do. Then stamp again near the center of the vellum. Let the ink dry completely. If your ink pad is very juicy, you may need to blot the image with a paper towel, in order to prevent blotchiness.
- Once the Balmy Blue ink is dry, rub your Embossing Buddy over the Vellum to keep stray bits of embossing powder off of your image.
- Stamp the greeting in Versamark ink, leaving room for flowers on the left.
- Sprinkle gold embossing powder over the Versamark image and heat it with the heat tool until the embossing powder melts and becomes shiny.
- Then stamp the flowers to the left of the sentiment in Pear Pizzazz ink. Immediately cover the ink with Clear embossing powder and heat set it with the heat tool.
- Stamp the flower image in Lovely Lipstick ink on a scrap of Whisper White Card Stock. Once the flowers are stamped, cut them out with Paper Snips.
- Use multi-purpose liquid glue to attach the cut out flowers over the stamped Pear Pizzazz image. Additionally, if desired, use Lovely Lipstick light and dark Stampin’ Blends markers to add some detail at the base of the flowers.
Tips For Attaching the Vellum Layer and Embellishing!
Because you don’t want the adhesive to show through the delicate vellum layer and spoil your card, hide glue dots underneath each of the flowers to secure this layer.
Embellish the focal piece with three gold metallic pearls, then attach a glue dot on the back side of the vellum, directly beneath the pearl. Because the pearl will hide the glue dot, you can secure the vellum without adding unsightly adhesive marks.
Another great feature is that the embossed leaves subtly show through the vellum layer, giving extra texture to your card! That’s it – your card is finished, except for the kind or inspirational words you’ll write inside!