‘Tis the Season for Dashing Deer! Have you seen many deer in your neighborhood lately? While I haven’t spotted any in my yard recently, I’ve seen evidence that they’ve been around! Whether you’ve seen them or not, deer are always a great addition to your holiday cards. So today I’m sharing a Christmas card featuring two stamp sets from the Stampin’ Up! 2019-20 Annual Catalog: Dashing Deer on page 71 and Itty Bitty Greetings on page 30.
If you don’t have a catalog handy, here are the stamp sets we’ll be using:
If you would like to view the online catalog instead, click here to go to the catalog page.
We’ll be embossing the deer image with the Heat Tool and Clear Embossing Powder. Heat embossing is always a fun technique, because the embossing powder melts like magic right before your eyes! If you would like to make a simpler card, just stamp the image and skip the embossing step.
Details for ‘Tis the Season Card
Supplies and Dimensions:
- Whisper White Card Stock, 2-1/2″ x 3-1/2″
- Old Olive Card Stock, 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″
- Soft Suede Ink
- Real Red Ink
- Clear Embossing Powder
- Embossing Buddy
- Heat Tool
- Stitched Rectangles Dies and Die Cutting Machine
- Dashing Deer Stamp Set
- Itty Bitty Greetings Stamp Set
- Pretty paper 2-1/2″ x 5″ and coordinating embellishments (this sample uses Under the Mistletoe paper and Red Sequin trim.)
- Adhesive, such as SNAIL or Multipurpose Liquid Glue
Stamping and Assembling:
- Fold the Old Olive Card Stock on the score line to create your card base.
- Use the Stitched Rectangles Dies, Whisper White Card Stock and your favorite die cutting machine to cut out the rectangle. Alternatively, just use the Whisper White piece without the stitching element provided by the die cutting.
- If embossing, rub the Embossing Buddy over the white rectangle. Stamp the deer image from the Dashing Deer stamp set in Soft Suede Ink. Immediately sprinkle the Clear Embossing Powder over the stamped deer image, then heat with the Heat Tool to melt the powder.
- Stamp the ‘Tis the Season sentiment in Real Red ink, in the center, about 1/2″ from the bottom of the white rectangle.
- Embellish the white rectangle with sequins or other coordinating embellishments.
- Adhere the pretty paper approximately 1/4″ from the left side of the card base.
- Center the white rectangle, overlapping the pretty paper by about 1″.
Alternative ‘Tis the Season Sample
If you’re like me, you love to make cards that are unique! That’s so easy to do by using this same design and stamp sets, with different paper and embellishments! Here’s another sample I created with the Let It Snow paper from the 2019 Holiday catalog with Pool Party ribbon and a few star sequins.
So now it’s time for you to take a look at your pretty paper and see what ideas you can come up with!