Today’s Timeless Tropical Card Trio is inspired by a recent article in a Succeed Weekly email. If you’re not familiar with Succeed Weekly, it’s one of the best benefits of being a demonstrator! You’re never alone when you decide to become a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator. There are videos and tutorials available to help you get started, including the Succeed Weekly newsletter that Stampin’ Up! sends to demonstrators who subscribe. It contains information on current promotions, business tips and often a project or two to get you creating and sharing!
Since I’ve been trying to make more projects with supplies I own, the title of this article, “Work with What You’ve Got”, was very timely. Using the information from the article, which I’ll share with you, and some stamps, ink and paper, you’ll be able to create three unique designs to highlight stamps of different sizes from YOUR favorite set!
Moving Along Card Trio
For each of the three cards Stampin’ Up! artists shared with us, they started with these supplies:
Stamps and Ink:
Card 1 – Helicopter Card
- Cut the cardstock to dimensions above – no trimming necessary for the white layer!
- Stamp your chosen images on the Whisper White Cardstock, as shown in the first card photo above.
- Use your favorite adhesive to adhere Designer Series Paper to the Smoky Slate card base.
- Attach the stamped white cardstock to the Designer Series Paper with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Card 2 – Car Card
- Before stamping the images on the Whisper White cardstock, trim it into four squares, each measuring 1-7/8″ x 1-7/8″. Stamp the sentiment & images as shown in the second card photo above.
- Adhere Designer Series paper to the Smoky Slate card base.
- Attach the four squares with Stampin’ Dimensionals. TIP: Line up the 4 squares while the paper is still on the Dimensionals. Then carefully remove one square, being careful not to move the others. Remove the paper on the Dimensional, & line it up with the remaining squares before adhering. Repeat for each square. This will help you keep the squares in the correct position.
Card 3 – Train Card
- Before stamping, trim the Whisper White cardstock into 3 strips, each measuring 3-3/4″ x 1-1/4″. Stamp train images & sentiment as shown in the third card photo above.
- Adhere the Designer Series Paper to the Smoky Slate card base.
- Add the stamped strips to the Designer Series Paper with Dimensionals.
Ready to try it?
Get out your stamps, ink & paper!
You’ll need the following supplies:
- 3 card bases, 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2, scored at 4-1/4″.
- Whisper White cardstock, 3 pieces, each 3-3/4″ x 3-3/4″.
- 3 pieces 3″ x 5″ Designer Series Paper.
- Ink in your chosen color palette.
- Clear Block
- Embellishments (optional)
Here’s My Timeless Tropical Card Trio!
For my Timeless Tropical Card Trio, I chose the following:
- Stamps: Timeless Tropical
- Paper: Calypso Coral Cardstock for the card bases, Designer Series Paper, Whisper White Cardstock
- Ink: Bermuda Bay, Granny Apple Green
Embellishments: (Optional): Calypso Coral & Bermuda Bay enamel shapes (retired)
- Timeless Tropical Cling Stamp Set (English)  $23.00
- Calypso Coral 8-1/2″ X 11″ Cardstock  $8.75
- Whisper White 8-1/2″ X 11″ Cardstock  $9.75
- Bermuda Bay Classic Stampin’ Pad  $7.50
- Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Pad  $7.50
- Stampin’ Dimensionals  $4.00
- Designer Series Paper
What will you create today?
Using this template, it’s easy to make 3 cards using the same supplies, but each of them is unique! What will you create today? I hope you’ll give this template a try and share what you made!