Tell all your friends – Thinking of you today! Don’t just ‘Like’ their Facebook or Instagram post…take the time to create this card and send it. Creating the card in their favorite colors makes it extra special! This card layout is easy and the black background makes the colored triangles pop.
How To Tell All Your Friends With this Card
Supplies You’ll Need:
- Card Base – Smoky Slate card stock, 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″
- Layer – Black card stock, 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Stitched Triangles Dies in 3 sizes, or cut 3 right triangles by hand.
- Stitched Shapes Dies, or other circle punch or die to fit your butterfly image
- Tasteful Textile embossing folder to add texture to the triangles
- Butterfly stamp
- Versamark ink for embossing
- White and gold embossing powders, for the butterfly and sentiment
- Cardstock in three shades to match your color scheme, plus white for the stamped image.
- Opal Rounds or other embellishments
- Stampin’ Blends to color the butterfly
Assembling your Thinking of You Card
First, prepare your card base and center the black layer on the base. Second, using your die cutting machine, cut the circle and triangles with the Stitched Triangles and Stitched Shapes dies. In order to add texture to the triangles, run them through the die cutting machine with the Tasteful Textile embossing folder. Add the triangles to the card front by placing the smallest one about 1/4″ from the right side, then layering the larger ones on top. Next, stamp your butterfly image in Versamark ink on the circle and heat emboss with gold embossing powder. Similarly, stamp the sentiment in Versamark ink on the black card stock and heat emboss with white embossing powder. By using Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere the circle to the card, you add depth.
Finally, add details to the butterfly by coloring it with Stampin’ Blends and adding Wink of Stella for some sparkle. Also, add three Opal Rounds, which really add another layer of bling!
For more ways to use the Stitched Triangles dies, see the Stitched Triangles Dies post. Also, visit my Triangle Cards board on Pinterest. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed your visit!