Bear Hugs This Christmas
Today’s card is one we made at card class last week and features the Stampin’ Up! Presents & Pinecones Designer Series Paper (DSP) and the baby bear from the Fa-La-La-La Friends stamp set. Isn’t he cute in his Christmas pajamas?
Card Base: Mint Macaron card stock, cut to 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ and folded in half
DSP: 2 pieces of Presents & Pinecones paper:
- Cut one piece 3″ x 4″.
- Cut the second piece 2″ x 3″.
- Adhere the pretty designer paper to the card base, with the smaller rectangle in the upper right corner and the larger rectangle in the lower left corner.
- Add the sentiment across the two layers of pretty paper.
- Use Snail or other adhesive to attach the scalloped oval with the attached bear to the larger rectangle.
Grab yourself a treat and congratulate yourself for adding one more card to your Christmas stash!
Merry Candy Cane Lane Houses
Create this simple card with just a few Stampin’ Up! items.
- Adhere the embossed white layer to the top of the card base, leaving a 1/2″ wide un-embossed area at the bottom for the sentiment.
- Center the Candy Cane Lane houses over the embossed layer, closer to the top so there’s space for the ‘Merry’ greeting on the embossed layer.
- Adhere the ‘Merry’ greeting with the Fine Tip Glue pen, or sponge Tombow multi-purpose glue on the back side of the lettering.
- Stamp ‘Christmas’ from the Holly Jolly Greetings stamp set in Early Espresso ink near the right side, in the 1/2″ un-embossed area at the bottom.
Make one, or make a bunch so you’ll have your Christmas cards ready to go out after Thanksgiving!
It’s Time to Deck the Halls
This card layout is a great way to use up your tiny pieces of pretty paper. The 1″ square punch is on the clearance rack right now for just $9.60! The Merry Mice stamp set is also on sale – see details at the end of the post.
How to Make It:
- Cut a Cherry Cobbler card base
5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and fold in half.
- Cut a Very Vanilla layer, 4-1/2” x
- Cut a Garden Green layer, 4-1/4” x
3” and set aside. (These 3 colors of card stock are also available in the This Christmas combination package, which includes 8 sheets of each color.)
- Use the 1” punch or a paper cutter
to cut 6 – 1” x 1” squares of This Christmas Designer Series Paper.
- Glue the 6 squares evenly spaced
onto the Garden Green layer. HINT: attach the two end squares, leaving a ¼”
margin at top & sides, then center 1 square between them in the top row.
Then do the bottom row so the squares are ¼” from the bottom of the Green layer
and lined up with the top row.
- Run the Garden Green layer and
squares through the Big Shot with the Lovely Lace embossing folder.
- Now attach the embossed Garden Green
layer to the Very Vanilla layer.
- Add the Very Vanilla piece to the
Cherry Cobbler layer.
- Stamp the banner from the Number of Years stamp set in Cherry Cobbler Ink.
- Stamp the sentiment, It’s Time to Deck the Halls, from the Merry Mice stamp set in Garden Green ink on the banner.
- Cut the banner out, using the Big Shot and the Large Numbers framelits.
- As an alternative, stamp the Merry
& Bright or Christmas Joy stamp from the Stitched with Cheer stamp set in
Cherry Cobbler ink on a piece of Very Vanilla card stock and cut the banner out with the Big Shot and Bunch of Banners framelits.
- Attach the banner to the center of
your card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add 3 random rhinestones wherever they look best on your small squares.
NOTE: the 1” square punch used to punch the square for this card is currently on the Stampin’ Up! Clearance Rack, while supplies last. The original price is $16, on clearance for $9.60. It’s a great tool for cutting small squares to use up your small scraps, as these small pieces are difficult to cut with the trimmer.The Merry Mice stamp set is on sale as part of the Stitched from the Heart promotion. You can see the new Stitched Shapes framelits dies and the stamp sets that are on sale only in November here.
Time to get out those Christmas Tree stamps! Then, when you’re looking for stamping inspiration, start with the Stampin’ Up! catalogs! They’re full of ideas for color combinations, card layouts, gift packaging and more. Casing the Holiday Catty Last week we were inspired by this simple and elegant Christmas card on page 48 in the 2016 Holiday Catalog: Of course, we changed it up just a bit, and this is our version: How to Make this Simple Christmas Tree Card: Cut a Whisper White thick card stock base to 4-1/4” x 11”, score at 5-1/2″ and fold.** Rub the Embossing buddy…
‘Tis the Season Card Just a few pieces of pretty paper, some ink and a stamp set are all you need to create this quick card from last week’s class. Or you can step it up a notch with the Stampin’ Up! Festive embossing folder! Cut a Very Vanilla Card Base 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and fold in half. Cut a 3-1/4″ x 3-1/4″ piece of Garden Green card stock. Cut a 3″ x 3″ piece of This Christmas Designer Series Paper (DSP) Cut a 2” x 5” Cherry Cobbler card stock layer and emboss it with the Big Shot and…
Christmas Tags for All Your Gifts Here’s a quick little tag that will add a cute touch to all of your Christmas gifts! How To Make It: Cut Whisper White card stock to 2″ x 3-1/2″. Punch one end of the Whisper White piece with the Scallop Tag Topper punch. Stamp the ‘To: From:’ stamp from the Cookie Cutter Christmas stamp set, near the bottom of the tag in Real Red ink. Cut a 2″ x 2″ piece of Candy Cane Lane Designer Series Paper (DSP) and adhere it to the card, centering it between the sentiment and top of…