September 1st the 2016 Stampin’ Up! Holiday Catalog made its debut! Have you seen it?
It’s full of new products for the upcoming season with ideas for fall, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas and even New Years!
Today I have a quick fun video sharing a few of the great new products:
Take a peek at the catalog (pdf)
Did you earn Bonus Days Rewards In July?
Here are just a couple of ideas for fall and Christmas that you’ll find on my Pinterest board:
4. Before you close your order, verify that your discounts have been applied.
New Babies are So Much Fun!
I love to create cards, buy gifts and attend baby showers to celebrate a new baby! The gifts and cards don’t have to be complicated either. The Big Shot and dies do most of the work on this one.This little card uses the Stampin’ Up! Baby’s First Framelits to cut out cute images from the Something For Baby Stamp set.
Stamp the sentiment from the Made With Love stamp set in a coordinating color. Pop up the duckie and stacking toy on dimensionals.
Stamp the Baby banner from Celebrate Today and cut it out with the Balloon Framelits and you’re done. Not a lot of stamping, since the framelits did most of the work!
This card is for the SUO Challenge #155 – Cute and Cuddly!
Have You Tried Paper Pumpkin?
Did you Know?
One Day Deal – Going Soon!
If you want to get in on the fun, there’s still time to grab the $5 June kit! The monthly kit is normally $19.95, so it’s a great price at only $5. But don’t wait too long – this deal ends TONIGHT at 11:50PM (MT)!
Use promo code “ONEDAYDEAL” today at http://bit.ly/201qcbG to try it out!
- They are made with the Stampin’ Up! Curvy Keepsake Box Thinlits Die and the Big Shot. Simply use the die twice to cut two pieces of cardstock in black, or the color of your choice.
- The stamps used here are from the March 2016 Stampin’ Up! Paper Pumpkin kit. Each kit always contains exclusive stamps available only to subscribers, and the March set is perfect for the graduation boxes! Paper Pumpkin subscriptions are available as either a monthly subscription, or a prepaid 1-month, 3-month, 6-month or 12-month subscription. Click the Paper Pumpkin kit link above for the prepaid subscriptions, or find information on the monthly subscription option here.
- Cut a piece of 2-3/4″ square Basic Black cardstock for the mortarboard. Using an Xacto knife, or your Paper Piercer, and the Curvy Keepsake box die, line up the slit with two of the corners and cut it. You may need to use a paper snips to cut a sliver of cardstock away so that the opening is large enough to fit the box handles through, but not too loose.
- Stamp the year with Whisper White Craft ink and the Back to Basics Alphabet stamps for the white box. For the black boxes, the year was stamped in Versamark ink and then heat embossed with white embossing powder. Of the two samples, the Craft ink method was quicker, but the embossed dates stand out more.
- The Back to Basics Alphabet stamp set is retiring and will only be available until May 22, or while supplies last. So if you like the size of this alphabet set, order it soon!
- On the black boxes, stamp the Hooray Grad! greeting in Versamark ink, sprinkle it with Heat and Stick powder, heat it with the Heat tool, then sprinkle it with gold glitter.
- To create a tassel, cut a 1-1/4″ square of cardstock, either in black, or a color that coordinates with the box. (Perhaps the grad’s school colors.) I scored one side at 1/4″, then used the Fringe scissors to cut from the opposite side to the score line. Use Tear and Tape adhesive on the scored edge, and roll the tassel around a piece of Thick White Baker’s Twine. Knot the other end of the Baker’s twine and pull it through the slit in the mortarboard.
- There are Hershey Kisses inside, but you could substitute your grad’s favorite small treat.
- See my Curvy Keepsake Box Pinterest board for more ideas using this versatile Thinlit die.
Painted Blooms for Mom
Mother’s Day Butterflies
- Card base 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ in Daffodil Delight – a nice bright happy yellow!
- Designer Series Paper 5-1/4″ x 4″. This sample paper is from Park Lane (Stampin’ Up! 2014-15 catalog).
- Butterfly Thinlits Dies and a Big Shot with the Precision Base plate to cut out two gorgeous butterflies. Attach the butterflies to each other and to the DSP with mini glue dots.
- Blushing Bride glimmer paper, 3″ x 3/4″ hand cut banner.
- Mother’s Day sentiment from Paper Pumpkin stamped in Blackberry Bliss ink on Whisper White cardstock and punched out with the Decorative Label punch. Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere it to the Blushing Bride glimmer paper.
- Did you know that a Paper Pumpkin kit always contains an exclusive stamp set? It gives you lots of extra creative possibilities with stamps that aren’t in the catalog!
- How do you get Paper Pumpkin? You can purchase 1, 3, 6, or 12 month prepaid subscriptions from the catalog, or you can subscribe month-to-month at http://bit.ly/201qcbG. There is built-in flexibility to manage your subscription so that you’ll only receive kits in months where you’ll have time to create. So join the fun!
Pocketful of Cheer for Graduation
- Card base – Coastal Cabana cardstock 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″
- March Paper Pumpkin – Pocketful of Cheer for the graduation cap, green pearls, Bermuda Bay ink, striped cardstock and white square and Hooray Grad! stamp.
- Coastal Cabana ink
- Metallic Silver Baker’s twine for the balloon string.
- Whisper White cardstock, Balloon Bouquet punch, Bermuda Bay Candy Dot, and Silver Metallic Foil (It looks like black ink for the bow, but it’s not, trust me 🙂 ) for the balloon.
- Basic Black ink for the graduation caps and Real World part of the sentiment
- Handpicked Framelits or scissors to cut out the bow.
- Welcome Words stamp set.
Easily Adapt Paper Pumpkin
March is a big month for Paper Pumpkin–it’s our third birthday
and we just shipped our ONE MILLIONTH kit! To celebrate, we are sending an
exclusive stamp set called All about Everything in ALL of the April Paper
Pumpkin kits. We’re keeping the artwork a surprise, but we are sure you’ll
love EVERYTHING about it! Sign up by April 10 to get in on the fun.
Wishing You Love and Laughter
- Cut a card base from thick Whisper White cardstock, 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, and fold in half.
- Add a layer of Basic Black cardstock, 5-1/4″ x 4″.
- Cut a piece of Silver Fancy Foil Designer Vellum 5″ x 3-3/4″ and adhere it to the black cardstock with mini glue dots behind the silver hearts.
- Die cut a Silver Foil Sheet with the Bloomin’ Heart Thinlits.
- Die cut Brushed Gold cardstock (retired) with the Bloomin’ Heart Thinlits flowers and adhere the flowers to the silver foil with mini glue dots.
- For the banner – stamp the sentiment in Versamark on Whisper White cardstock and heat emboss it with gold embossing powder. This sample shows a sentiment from the retired Stampin’ Up! Love & Laughter stamp set. Cut into a banner. Adhere it to the heart with mini glue dots.
- Add Cherry Cobbler or other color candy dots to the flowers and you have an elegant wedding card for the happy couple.
Experiment with Card Folds